An overlooked detail about the June 9, 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Don Jr., Kushner, Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskya — is that the Russians offered the translator money if he would back up her version of what transpired there.
Does this mean the Kremlin was working with Obama to help Hillary — instead of with Trump to hurt her?
If so, it would follow that the whole “Russia collusion” narrative was invented partly to deflect from the true guilty parties.
In any case, the importance of this post is:
- It shows Russia may actually have been colluding with Obama and not Hillary.
- The article is also vitally important to understanding how determined Obama was to take Trump down. We are talking about Russia and Britain working with six U.S. Federal agencies!
- The way surveillance was abused under Obama. He has England spying on a political opponent out of the NSA!
- To show the lengths to which Obama abused the Federal government and the civil service, which is supposed to be nonpartisan.
- The way in which the news media completely lies in order to destroy Trump.
You don’t have to love the President to be absolutely floored and outraged by this abuse of power.
If they can do this to him, what can they do to the average person? (Note: I researched the original True Pundit story and added some sources to it.)
Tonight we revisit an article published on September 20, 2017, slightly more than two-and-a-half years ago, by True Pundit: “EXCLUSIVE: Six U.S Agencies Conspired to Illegally Wiretap Trump; British Intel Used as NSA Front to Spy on Campaign.” [archive] The article is allegedly based on information from multiple “high ranking FBI sources.”
As QAnon Says: “Future Proves Past”
True Pundit’s research lines up with an April 10, 2020 press release from Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Chairman Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) stating that the FBI applied for FISA (surveillance) warrants while knowing that their basis was significantly flawed.
“For years, the public was fed a healthy diet of leaks, innuendo and false information to imply that President Trump and his campaign were part of a Russian conspiracy to spread disinformation. The FBI’s blind pursuit of the investigation, despite exculpatory and contradictory information, only legitimized the narrative. The mounting evidence undercutting this narrative should have stopped the investigation early in its tracks. Instead, it took several years and millions in taxpayer dollars to conclude that the allegations were baseless.”
Targets of the Operation
The surveillance operation, which started before the 2016 election and was allegedly “ongoing” as of the date the article was published, targeted:
- Michael Flynn, Retired U.S. Army Lieutenant General, DIA Director and Trump National Security Advisor;
- Donald Trump, Jr., the President’s son and campaign adviser;
- Paul Manafort, former Trump campaign chair; and
- Carter Page, a former adviser to the Trump campaign — who was also a CIA asset known to the FBI; this fact was purposely kept hidden when the FBI sought a FISA warrant.
Dirty From Beginning To End
- Domestic spying coordinated by the CIA. John Brennan, then-director of the CIA, was in charge of the coordinated “operation” carried out by six U.S. Federal agencies “to secure back door and illegal wiretaps of President Trump’s associates.”
- Election interference. It was a “set up to find dirt on Trump campaign insiders and if possible to topple Donald Trump’s presidential aspirations.”
- Treason. The operation was underway “before and after the 2016 election” and as of the time of publication (nearly a year after President Trump was elected), “remains ongoing.”
2015: General Flynn Targeted
“Federal sources said the wiretaps on Trump insiders began in late 2015, almost a year before the 2016 election. The targets then were Flynn and Page, sources confirmed.”
2015: The “Russian Honeypot” Setup At Trump Tower Begins
- After meeting Donald Trump, Jr., Russian lawyer named Natalia Veselnitskaya, considered an “international security risk,” gets “a type of extraordinary permission to enter the country called immigration parole” and this enables her to meet at Trump Tower with Trump Jr., presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort.”
- The request is approved not only by the Department of Homeland Security, but also the Attorney General (who later says she has no knowledge of it, even though her approval would have been required). In fact, reports True Pundit, “Federal law enforcement sources said (Preet) Bharara (see below) was simply following the orders of Attorney General Lynch, who lobbied the State Department to issue the disavowed Russian a B1/B2 non-immigrant visa.” (Lynch’s spokesperson noted that the State Department issues the visas while DHS is responsible for allowing visitors into the country.)
- Just before Veselnitskaya is to meet Trump Jr., then-U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara approves the visa. (Bharara was fired in March 2017 by President Trump; he claims this happened “after refusing to quit.”)’
Russians Try To Bribe The Translator
- The translator at the Trump Tower meeting is offered money to go along with what Veselnitskaya says about it. Per John Solomon at Just The News [archive]: “The translator [Anatoli Samochornov] admitted he was offered $90,000 by the Russians to pay his legal bills, if he supported the story of Moscow attorney Natalia Veselnitskya. He declined.”
- Solomon links to the Mueller report, where it says (p. 117-119): “On the Russian end, there were also communications about what participants should say about the June 9 meeting. Specifically, the organization that hired Samochornov — an anti-Magnitsky Act group controlled by Veselnitskaya and the owner of Prevezon — offered to pay $90,000 of Samochornov’s legal fees. At Veselnitskaya’s request, the organization sent Samochornov a transcript of a Veselnitskaya press interview, and Samochornov understood that the organization would pay his legal fees only if he made statements consistent with Veselnitskaya’s. Samochornov declined, telling the Office that he did not want to perjure himself.”
Veselnitskaya Admits That The Point Was To Have “A Private Meeting With Donald Trump, Jr.”
- “Veselnitskaya’s November 2017 written submission to the Senate Judiciary Committee stated that the purpose of the June 9 meeting was not to connect with ‘the Trump Campaign’ but rather to have ‘a private meeting with Donald Trump Jr.”
One Year Later: The Strange Meeting Happens, Summer 2016
- June 9: Veselnitskaya meets with Trump Jr. and Manafort in Trump Tower. Per True Pundit, “The Justice Department and FBI set up the meeting at Trump Tower between Trump Jr., Manafort and Kushner with controversial Russian officials to make Trump’s associates appear compromised.” PJ Media’s Liz Shields also reportedly suspected that this meeting was a “setup” by the Clinton campaign. It seems to me, given that Russia got involved, that it is possible that the FBI, DOJ, Clinton Campaign, and Russia, colluded on this meeting — which would potentially mean that the Kremlin was conspiring with Obama to help Hillary.
- “Kaveladze similarly recalled that Trump Jr. asked what they have on Clinton, and Kushner became aggravated and asked ‘[w]hat are we doing here?’ Akhmetshin then spoke about U.S. sanctions imposed under the Magnitsky Act and Russia’s response prohibiting U.S. adoption of Russian children. Several participants recalled that Trump Jr. commented that Trump is a private citizen, and there was nothing they could do at that time. Trump Jr. also said that they could revisit the issue if and when they were in government.”
- “At some point in the meeting, Kushner sent an iMessage to Manafort stating ‘waste of time,’ followed immediately by two separate emails to assistants at Kushner Companies with requests that they call him to give him an excuse to leave. Samochrnov recalled that Kushner departed the meeting before it concluded; Veselnitskaya recalled the same when interviewed by the press in July 2017.”
All They Needed Was An Excuse
- Per True Pundit: “Following the Trump Tower sit down, GCHQ began digitally wiretapping Manafort, Trump Jr., and Kushner. After the concocted meeting by the Deep State, the British spy agency could officially justify wiretapping Trump associates as an intelligence front for NSA because the Russian lawyer at the meeting Natalia Veselnitskaya was considered an international security risk…. While it is illegal for U.S. agencies to monitor phones and emails of U.S. citizens inside the United States absent a warrant, it is not illegal for British intelligence to do so.”
- Further: “Intelligence garnered from the British eavesdropping, which again was merely a front for the NSA, was then used in August 2016 to secure a legitimate FISA warrant on Manafort, Trump Jr. and Kushner” which was granted “on or about September, 2016, federal sources confirm.
2016: The “Steele Dossier” Setup
Per True Pundit: “FBI sources said finally obtaining the FISA warrant was important because it provided the agencies cover for previous illegal wiretapping which they believed would never be discovered.”
- In October, the FBI gets a FISA application [archive] approved against Trump campaign advisor Carter Page.
- The application is based on a document authored by former British spy Christopher Steele, who has been paid by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign to “research” (dig up dirt on) Donald Trump.
- The FISA court later ruled that two of the four warrants against Page [April 7 and June 29, 2017] were invalid due to “material misstatements and omissions.”
- The Federalist reported [archive] that the ruling noted that DOJ “…was currently collecting information to assess whether those two [earlier] spy applications were also invalid.”
2019–2019: Mueller Uses “Poisoned Fruit”
- Per True Pundit, Special Counsel Robert Mueller used evidence from the wiretaps for the Special Counsel “Russiagate” investigation even though it was obtained through a loophole – and “the sole purpose of entrapping Trump associates [was] to use [the information obtained] as fuel to commission wiretaps, federal sources said.”
Who Was Really In Charge?
As of the publication of the article, per True Pundit, “…while evidence certainly points to involvement of the Obama administration, sources said they did not have access to definitive intelligence proving such a link.”
Yet Presidential involvement and authorization would explain the potential involvement of two foreign countries and six federal agencies in the spying scheme.
According to True Pundit, the responsible agencies were allegedly:
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The main U.S. Department of Justice
- The National Security Agency
- The Central Intelligence Agency
- The Director of National Intelligence
- The U.S. Department of the Treasury Financial Crimes Division (under the Department of Homeland Security)
The individuals involved were:
- John Brennan, as mentioned above (CIA)
- Loretta Lynch (Attorney General)
- James Comey (FBI Director)
- James Clapper (DNI Director)
- Jeh Johnson (DHS)
- Admiral Michael Rogers (NSA)
Further, cooperating countries include:
- UK, including then-director of GCHQ Robert Hannigan (resigned)
- Apparently, Russia (True Pundit does not report this – it emerged from additional research for this post)
A Note Regarding The Credibility Of “True Pundit”
A common media tactic is to attack non-leftist journalists as extremist conspiracy theorists, and this has held true for True Pundit. And indeed, some of their content has been extremely hard to believe, especially years ago when there was a dearth of publicly available, widely understood and credible information concerning “deep state” corruption” by our public officials and influential leaders.
Yet over time, articles from this anonymously authored website have proven to be true or credible:
- The FBI conspired against Trump (2020) [archive] (2017 prediction) [archive];
- Horowitz report soft-pedaled FISA abuse (2019) [2018 prediction) [archive];
- Disturbing allegations concerning Bill Clinton (2019) [archive];
- Then-FBI director Comey was told about evidence of crimes against children that had been discovered by agents on Anthony Weiner’s laptop (2018) [archive] confirms this article (2016) [archive].
I have no affiliation with the publication, nor am I a subscriber.
By Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal. All opinions are the author’s own. Public domain.
Did the Kremlin work with President Obama to help Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election, instead of with Trump to try to defeat her?
So I’m in the coffee shop as usual getting my coffee and it is warm-ish and I’m annoyed. The coffee shop is nearby the White House and two men in business suits are sitting and talking to each other. Each one has their own table and they’re talking across the tables, so loud.
This is about the tragic abandonment of due process in an extraordinarily politicized national climate, one which led to a torrent of accusations and counter-accusations that quickly went over the top.